Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Desktop to master jnbSA (v4.5) ports question

2002-10-02 11:07:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Desktop to master jnbSA (v4.5) ports question
From: Mark.Donaldson AT experianems DOT com (Donaldson, Mark)
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 09:07:11 -0600

------_=_NextPart_001_01C26A25.62856A00

As a followup to my eXceed question...

The core problem is the firewall between me and the master server.  I need
to open some holes to admin this new box.  Remotely throwing the display
back to my eXceed is one option.  However, comments from my previous mail
suggest that it's not only slow but SSSLLLOOOWWW - nearly unusably so.

Therefore, let's consider the other option.  Anybody know what FW ports
should be open between a desktop admin java GUI and the master server?

-M

------_=_NextPart_001_01C26A25.62856A00

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>Desktop to master jnbSA (v4.5) ports question</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>As a followup to my eXceed question...</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>The core problem is the firewall between me and the =
master server.&nbsp; I need to open some holes to admin this new =
box.&nbsp; Remotely throwing the display back to my eXceed is one =
option.&nbsp; However, comments from my previous mail suggest that it's =
not only slow but SSSLLLOOOWWW - nearly unusably so.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Therefore, let's consider the other option.&nbsp; =
Anybody know what FW ports should be open between a desktop admin java =
GUI and the master server?</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>-M</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>