Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Vault and catalogue backups

2002-10-02 07:43:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Vault and catalogue backups
From: GRABBEB AT dominos DOT com (Bob Grabbe)
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2002 07:43:01 -0400
Is this NBU 4.5 ? If so, are you getting errors like "must specify
density for media id "? I had this and was able to get a fix for it.
Applied the following patches:
NB_45_1_248881
NB_CLT_45_1_248885
NB_VLT_45_1_248932
The first two are patches for NBU in general, the third is a vault
patch. All three have to be applied for it to work, though. Another
symptom is that regular db backups were failing with a status of 50.
This was on Solaris v8.  I am assuming that the equivalent patches are
on the web site for other systems.

Robert Grabbe
Dominos Pizza LLC
734-930-3703
grabbeb AT dominos DOT com

>>> "Jeff Kennedy" <jlkennedy AT amcc DOT com> 10/1/02 5:45:26 PM >>>
In my vault profile I have the volume pool of NBDB_Backups listed,
default paths to the db files, and 7 days in the retention period.
There are 2 available media in the pool but for some reason it always
fails saying there are no available media.

Does vault try to use the same media density type for the catalogue as
it does for the duplication?  For example, my duplication of the
originals goes from disk to SDLT; does the catalogue backup also want
use SDLT?

Thanks.