Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Poor Backup Performance

2002-10-02 07:28:35
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Poor Backup Performance
From: bluejay AT fujigreenwood DOT com (Adametz, Bluejay)
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 07:28:35 -0400
> Using the SCOPY command, we chucked over several GB's of Data.
> From the Master Server we performed a backup, using NEW
> BACKUP POLICY - to
> my sheer horror, the backup throughput is still crap!!! We are getting
> around 4 - 700k a seconds, sometimes 800 at a push!!

How was the performance when you copied the data over?

Do you have anti-virus software installed?

I'm wrestling now with two (out of four) W2k servers that exhibit poor
performance (including backups) with all the a/v options turned on that we
would like. The mystery is why the other servers don't have any problems
with the same settings.

                                                - Bluejay Adametz

"Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes."
                                        - Dr. Warren Jackson, dir. UTCS