Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU 4.5 & Netware Authentication Problems

2002-10-01 13:01:59
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU 4.5 & Netware Authentication Problems
From: GRABBEB AT dominos DOT com (Bob Grabbe)
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2002 13:01:59 -0400
Authentication for netware is through smdr and the tsa's (tsa500 and
tsands). When you load the client, make sure you have modules load in
this order:

smdr
tsa500
tsands
otmload (loads otmcdm and otmlapi)
bpcd
In addition, you need to initially run "smdr new" to create the smdr
context. When it authenticates, it will need a user id and password that
don't ever change. If the password changes, or if the user id gets
deleted, you will have to rerun the smdr new to recreate the context.
Send me an email if this isn't clear, I know it's a pain in the butt,
but it does actually work (as well as netbackup can work with netware).

Robert Grabbe
Dominos Pizza LLC
734-930-3703
grabbeb AT dominos DOT com

>>> <briandiven AT northwesternmutual DOT com> 10/1/02 12:20:13 PM >>>
I'm running Netware 5.1 SP 4 with NBU 4.5 and am failing with Status
160
Authentication Failure.  The BPCD log on the server says it is unable
get "magic number."

I've checked the ports, BP.INI, the hosts files, the  capability to
ping,etc.  I feel like I'm missing something easy.  Any ideas?

Also, how is authentication done with Netware?  Is it VOPIE?  I don't
see anywhere to define this.

TIA

Brian Diven
Enterprise Storage Management