Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] OTM - HELP!! NBU4.5

2002-10-01 11:12:27
Subject: [Veritas-bu] OTM - HELP!! NBU4.5
From: GRABBEB AT dominos DOT com (Bob Grabbe)
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2002 11:12:27 -0400
My experience is that there is no way to keep otm from getting errors
sometimes.
On all my clients, whether Windows 2000 or Netware, I have otm set to
individual drive snapshots and to retry on error.
The messages you are getting about files being busy is also common. If
the files are not ones tat are critical, you can exclude them through
the client configuration. The Perflib files you mention are ones that I
have excluded on almost all of my Windows 2000 clients.
The other kind of files that usually don't get backed up are sql files,
unless you use the sql agent. What I have been able to get away with is
setting a policy that requires any sql files to be backed up to a flat
file through the sql manager daily, then exclude the actual sql
directory, and back up the flat files.
Good Luck

Robert Grabbe
Dominos Pizza LLC
734-930-3703
grabbeb AT dominos DOT com

>>> "Patrick Whelan" <consultant0610 AT hotmail DOT com> 10/1/02 10:47:55 AM

I find my self needing more info on OTM. This is an all windows/nt shop

running NBU 4.5. I have two problems with OTM. One, is that it dies
with an
unknow error, fortunately I have it it set to continue and most
everything
gets backed up. The second problem is getting error code 1 even though
OTM
is running and not dieing. It does give errors that it can't access a
file
because some other process is using it.

This is the first error mentioned above:
WRN - OTM Error:0xe0001005 (WIN32 -536866811: Unknown error)

This is the second error (yes I know it's in German):
WRN - can't open file: C:\WINNT\system32\Perflib_Perfdata_314.dat
(WIN32 32:
Der Prozess kann nicht auf die Datei zugreifen, da sie von einem
anderen
Prozess verwendet wird. )

Roughly translated by translate.ru:
(WIN32 32: The process cannot access the file, because it is being
accessed
by another process.)

BTW, is there a way to cut and paste from the Admin Gui? I had to go to
the
errorlog files to get the above messages.

Any help would more than greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Patrick Whelan