Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Jobs not starting...

2002-10-01 09:46:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Jobs not starting...
From: kmarx AT trigon DOT com (Marx, Keath)
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 09:46:21 -0400

------_=_NextPart_001_01C26950.ECFAA3CA

We have NBU 4.5 with 45._1 installed on win2k backing up 2k clients.  All of
the daily tasks are schedule not frequency based.

The last change I made before the jobs started failing was to create a task
to perform cummulative inc backups of a local directory.  I ran that task
and since then nothing had run.  I rebooted and my normal cummulative tasks
that run during the day kicked off.  One ran to 100% then hung.  I kicked
off some daily tasks and again 1 ran to 100% then hung.

Task manager shows multiple copies of bpsched running.  If I kill the
bpsched with the lowest process ID all the rest go away but nothing changes.
If I kill the bpsched with the highest process ID it goes away but the
others stay and nothing happens.  If I kill ALL the bpsched nothing new
happens.

Not out of disk space on any drive.  An automated Duplicate ran this morning
without error.  As mentioned nothing was changed on the server.

TIA
Keath Marx

------_=_NextPart_001_01C26950.ECFAA3CA

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>Jobs not starting...</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">We have NBU 4.5 with 45._1 installed =
on win2k backing up 2k clients.&nbsp; All of the daily tasks are =
schedule not frequency based.&nbsp; </FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">The last change I made before the jobs =
started failing was to create a task to perform cummulative inc backups =
of a local directory.&nbsp; I ran that task and since then nothing had =
run.&nbsp; I rebooted and my normal cummulative tasks that run during =
the day kicked off.&nbsp; One ran to 100% then hung.&nbsp; I kicked off =
some daily tasks and again 1 ran to 100% then hung.&nbsp; </FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Task manager shows multiple copies of =
bpsched running.&nbsp; If I kill the bpsched with the lowest process ID =
all the rest go away but nothing changes.&nbsp; If I kill the bpsched =
with the highest process ID it goes away but the others stay and =
nothing happens.&nbsp; If I kill ALL the bpsched nothing new =
happens.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Not out of disk space on any =
drive.&nbsp; An automated Duplicate ran this morning without =
error.&nbsp; As mentioned nothing was changed on the server.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">TIA</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Keath Marx</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C26950.ECFAA3CA--