Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Multi-homed media server?

2002-09-26 12:20:43
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Multi-homed media server?
From: David_Cornely AT intuit DOT com (Cornely, David)
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 09:20:43 -0700
Master Server = Sun E450
Media Server = Sun E4500
NBU 3.4_3

I've been thinking about this so I thought I'd run it by the mailing list.
Would NBU support a multi-homed media server?  I need to distribute my
network based backups across different subnets because I'm running out of
bandwidth and I'm not sure how NBU would work if I did this.  I know it's
closely coupled with the hostname of the master and media server and since
each interface would have a different alias I'm not sure if NBU would get
confused.  Has anyone done this?  Thanks.

-Dave