Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU 4.5 Client Installs via SSH

2002-09-26 10:30:23
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU 4.5 Client Installs via SSH
From: wbreyha AT gmx DOT net (Wolfgang Breyha)
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 16:30:23 +0200
At 15:35 20.09.2002 -0400, Paul_Yahnig AT prnewswire DOT com wrote:

>Hello all.  I am trying to find out if Netbackup is able to do the client
>update
>via SSH in place of RSH.  Has anyone done this?
>Thanks
>Paul

Sorry for the late answer, but I installed NBU 45_1 for evaluation an tuesday;-)

As far as I've checked the install_client script from 45 it's nearly the same
machanism as of 34.

The easiest way (at least I use it on 34 that way;-) is to use public_key
authentication, ssh-agent and ssh-add after replacing rsh und rcp with ssh and
scp. After that you can use the install_client script as it comes out of the
box.

Regards,
Wolfgang
--
 /     recursive, adj.; see recursive.  -- Unknown      \
( Wolfgang Breyha <wbreyha AT gmx DOT net> - http://mash.nwy.at )