Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] PEND-ACS

2002-09-23 11:50:08
Subject: [Veritas-bu] PEND-ACS
From: ddunham AT taos DOT com (Darren Dunham)
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 08:50:08 -0700 (PDT)
> Hi All
>
> Have anybody seen this status on a drive before.
>
> I have a drive in status PEND-ACS, i have tried to dismount the tape from
> the ACSLS and
>
> restart the deamons on the media-server.

Is this drive shared via SSO?

PEND-XXX I believe means that the media manager is trying to communicate
with the drive, but it is not able to.

I've seen it in SSO environments where another manager still has the
SCSI reservation on the drive.  If this is the case, release the
reservation with the vmoprcmd.

If it's not SSO, then something else might be wrong.  Can you do a
normal 'status' on the drive with 'mt'?

Unix System Administrator                    Taos - The SysAdmin Company