Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] netbackup and tru64 clusters

2002-09-21 16:08:33
Subject: [Veritas-bu] netbackup and tru64 clusters
From: Len.Boyle AT sas DOT com (Len Boyle)
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 16:08:33 -0400
Hello

We were  using a Netbackup 3.4.2 client  to backup a Tru64 machine.
The enduser group then upgraded the client to a cluster. And it appeared to
work the same, until  we were doing a restore.
During the restore the Tru64 restarted, but neither the netbackup client nor
the netbackup server reported a problem. I would have suspected a socket error
reported for the client with the netbackup server.  The netbackup client kept
it's session open with the netbackup server. The only problem is that the
restore stopped restoring files. The restore log just keep recording file not
restore
for the rest of the files scheduled to be restored.

I looked around and could not find any info on netbackup and Tru64 clusters.

Is this just a bug with the current Netbackup clients or is there something
that we should have setup on the Tru64 server?

Thanks len boyle