Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] socket error

2002-09-18 17:37:52
Subject: [Veritas-bu] socket error
From: Kenneth.Lee AT sbs.siemens DOT com (Lee, Kenneth)
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 17:37:52 -0400
Hi all,

Environment:  Master Server 4.5 on Windows 2K
Media Server 4.5 on Sun Solaris
Client on NetBackup 4.5 on Sun Solaris

A backup tape was created at another location on NetBackup 3.4 client and
Master Server 3.4 and shipped to me.  I created the Sun client from scratch
(OS) and installing NB client 4.5.  I have not created any policy for this
new client.  I was able to import the tape to my Master Server but when I
tried to restore a file, I get a socket error (21.xxx cannot connect on
socket).  Any ideas what I am missing?

Thanks,
Ken