Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backing Up through firewall step by step

2002-09-17 06:18:56
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backing Up through firewall step by step
From: Grant.September AT nuinternational DOT com (Grant.September AT nuinternational DOT com)
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 11:18:56 +0100
Hi all, I am not a technical guru on NB but i have got saddled with the
task of locking down ports, I have read the various tech notes but can't
seem to get my head around it so let me explain our current set-up.
We have one master server ( Solaris 8 ) 2 Media Servers (Dynix/ptx) and a
host of clients (NT + Unix)
The security guys want to lock down a specific range of ports 512 - 1023 so
what I need to know is what changes must I make to the media, master serves
bp.conf file as well as the registry settings on NT for this to take
effect.

Regards

Grant September
Oracle DBA
Norwich Union International
IFSC Dublin 1
Ireland
Phone : +353 1 8028466
FAX     : +353 1 8028585

This E-mail transmission may contain confidential or legally privileged
information that is intended for the addressee only.
E-mail communications are not necessarily secure and may be intercepted or
altered after they are sent. Norwich Union International does not accept
liability for any such alterations. Any views or opinions presented are solely
those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Norwich Union
International. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any disclosure, copying, distribution or reliance upon the contents of
this E-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this E-mail
transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately, so that Norwich
Union International may arrange for its proper delivery. Please then delete the
message from your inbox. While steps have been taken to prevent computer
viruses, we cannot guarantee that attachments are virus free and we would
therefore advise that you make further checks as Norwich Union International
are not liable to third parties for any damages resulting.

Norwich Union International Limited is supervised by the Regulatory Authorities
of the Republic of Ireland.

Norwich Union International Limited 6 Georges Dock International Financial
Services Centre Dublin 1 Republic of Ireland Registered No 303257
Telephone + 353 1 802 8494 Fax + 353 1 802 8400
www.nuinternational.com