Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Configure STK 9840 Fibre Channel Drives on SGI

2002-09-11 13:19:55
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Configure STK 9840 Fibre Channel Drives on SGI
From: cmanuel AT diadexus DOT com (Chester Manuel)
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 10:19:55 -0700
Hi,

  I am running Netbackup DataCenter 4.5. I'm having problems configuring
2 STK 9840 Fibre Channel drives on an SGI server. Somehow when I run do
a robtest the two drives which are configured as
/dev/rmt/500104f00042b304/lun0nrnsvc/c12p1 for drive one (d1) and
/dev/rmt/500104f00042b4de/lun0nrnsvc/c12p1 for drive two (d2) the
but cannot unload it. I have to unload d2. It does the same thing when I
do a load on d2 but I have to unload d1. I read the Media Manager device
configuration but there is nothing there about configuring fibre channel
drives. It only mentions about adding no rewind devices. So I'm guessing
the I configured my drives wrong. Maybe I should have lun0nrvc instead
of lun0nrnsvc. Does anyone know if I configured the tape drives
correctly? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chester