Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] ALLOW_MEDIA_OVERWRITE question

2002-09-11 12:33:15
Subject: [Veritas-bu] ALLOW_MEDIA_OVERWRITE question
From: Max.Booth AT ubsw DOT com (Max.Booth AT ubsw DOT com)
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 17:33:15 +0100
Ray,

ALLOW_MEDIA_OVERWITE requires a value, this is where you specify
what media can be overwritten with a NetBackup Header in order
to be used for backups.  For example, adding the following entries
will enable NetBackup to use tapes containing CPIO or Microsoft
Tape Format data:

ALLOW_MEDIA_OVERWRITE = MTF1
ALLOW_MEDIA_OVERWRITE = CPIO

You can only overwrite NetBackup tapes which known to that
NetBackup environment if the images on the tape have expired,
otherwise it will simply append to the tape.  Adding the above
will not cause NetBackup to overwrite it's own images.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

max