Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] firmware level of tape drive

2002-09-11 11:49:19
Subject: [Veritas-bu] firmware level of tape drive
From: david.letnes AT unisys DOT com (Letnes, David G.)
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 10:49:19 -0500
  Is there an easy way to find out the firmware level of a tape drive?  I
saw where you can run usr/openv/volmgr/bin/sgscan -v on Solaris systems to
find the level but it reported it incorrectly.  I had to go to the menu on
the tape drive itself and got the firmware level which looked something like
1.30.112 in my StorageTek silo
  I am running Netbackup 3.2 on Solaris and Netbackup 3.4 on a HP UNIX
system.  There must be a command line that you can run to find out firmware
level or some file you can view?

Thanks
David