Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup: Queued jobs don't start

2002-09-11 09:50:08
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup: Queued jobs don't start
From: d AT kla-tencor DOT com (Smith, David W (IT))
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 06:50:08 -0700
We had a problem the other day with queued jobs not starting up once a media
server was made available again.

Here is the situation:

We have a master server and two media servers.  When the jobs were
originally queued to run, the class residence was set to media server "A".
We had media server "B" unavailable for awhile.  Due to the number of jobs
the queue jobs were becoming large, so then we reset the residence of the
classes to "any available", hence both media server "A" and "B" were
available for use.  After this I was hoping to see the queued jobs start
running on the second media server "B", but that did not happen.  As new
jobs came in they went to media server "B", but the existing jobs continued
to be queued.

Is there a way to tell NetBackup to re-evaluate the queued jobs (once
additional resources are available)?  Or, is there a method to manually move
a queued job to a specific resource?

We are currently running NetBackup 3.4.x.

Thanks for your help,

David

 David W. Smith (David.W.Smith AT kla-tencor DOT com)
 KLA-Tencor Corporation
 Telephone: 408-875-6856 (direct)  408-352-2808 (fax)