Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] ALLOW_MEDIA_OVERWRITE question

2002-09-09 10:04:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] ALLOW_MEDIA_OVERWRITE question
From: RHerbig AT usaninc DOT com (Ray Herbig)
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 10:04:51 -0400
In the veritas netbackup faq it says to set the ALLOW_MEDIA_OVERWRITE option
in the bp.conf if you want to overwrite non-netbackup tapes. My question is
I have old netbackup tapes which I need to overwrite. Will setting this
option allow me to overwrite them and does setting this pose a danger to
already present tapes with data on them - in other words I dont want to
overwrite existing tapes, just old ones that have no cataloged data.

Thanks.