Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Xterm software and 4.5 JAVA Interface

2002-09-09 09:04:17
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Xterm software and 4.5 JAVA Interface
From: epforgette AT overnite DOT com (Eric P. Forgette)
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 09:04:17 -0400
This is one of my only complaints about 4.5.  NetBackup 3.4 had role
based access via the java gui which ran on NT.  Now, in NetBackup 4.5,
you have to install the full product and trust the workstation as a
server to be able to admin from NT/2000.  This is a huge security
issue.  I spoke with Veritas about this and apparently they have a java
admin console for NT/2000, but didn't release it because they felt that
it ran too slow to release to the public.

The Solaris java admin console works wonderfully, and so does the linux
version!  It might be more cost effective to get an old scrapped laptop,
install linux on it, and install the java admin gui.

Does anyone have any other ideas for getting the role based access
functionality back?

Regards,
-Eric
--