Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Network buffer size

2002-09-06 10:55:27
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Network buffer size
From: Dale_Kramer AT steris DOT com (Kramer, Dale)
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 10:55:27 -0400
Hi,

Netbackup datacenter 3.4.2 on Solaris machines.

We have a node on a SunFire 6800 backing up to a Sun 6000 media server over
gigabit ethernet.  All of a sudden the backup speed dropped in half.  I noticed
in the bpbkar on the client it had a line:

Setting network send buffer size to 32032 bytes

Don't see this in other bpbkar log files on other equipment.  I doubt this is
the problem but curious what it might be and is that correct when going over
gigabit ethernet.

thanx,

Dale P. Kramer
Senior Enterprise Systems Analyst
STERIS Corporation
5960 Heisley Rd.
Mentor, OH 44060
440-392-7082

Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held it's ground.