Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Acssls Problems - SOLUTION

2002-09-06 01:16:35
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Acssls Problems - SOLUTION
From: scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com (scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com)
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 00:16:35 -0500
I know the technote says this effects ACS robots, but we are seeing the exact
same thing with TLD robots as well.  We're just wrapping this case up now w/
support (seeing that the article is from April, I'm now suprised our case was
open for as long as it was).

Funny thing though, the cleaning tapes were configured in media manager, but
were NOT in the library!  I guess that if this bug doesn't always care if the
cleaning tape is actually in the robot or not, you either have to have all
hardware based cleaning or all software.  If you try to mix and match with
some libraries doing hardware and the others software, the cleaning tapes
configured in media manager will still hose things up for the hardware-based
cleaning libraries.

- Scott

                    "Whelan, Patrick"

                    <Patrick.Whelan@commerzbankib        To:     "Veritas-Bu
(E-mail)" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
                    .com>                                cc:

                    Sent by:                             Subject:     RE:
[Veritas-bu] Acssls Problems - SOLUTION
                    veritas-bu-admin AT mailman DOT eng.

                    auburn.edu

                    09/04/2002 08:48 AM

Thanks to Roy Vosberg here is the apparent solution.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions.

Yours sincerely,

Patrick Whelan
ZIT P 7.43 Data Backup Operation

Contact:        Phone:         +49 69 136 44927
                Fax:           +49 69 136 27696
                E-Mail:        Patrick.Whelan AT CommerzbankIB DOT com

Address:        Commerzbank AG
                Zentraler Servicebereich IT Produktion
                C/S Services Investment Banking - ZIT P 7.43
                Mainzer Landstr. 151 - DLZ, Bld. 1 - 06.52.0210
                60261 Frankfurt