Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Very slow backup on very busy files

2002-09-04 19:34:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Very slow backup on very busy files
From: dcaparas AT borland DOT com (Dennis Caparas)
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2002 16:34:02 -0700
Hi admins,

Master Sever = Solaris 2.6, Netbackup 4.5
Client = Solaris 2.6

I'm having problems doing backups only on few directories which are
giving me an average speed of 30MB/hr ( can you believe that!!!) .
I did some tests by creating a huge file inside one of the busy
directoreis and 'ftp' it to the master server. The transfer rate is very
fast.
It looks like that the files inside that directoreis are the culprits.
I will appreciate any suggestions you can give me on how to improve the
backup speed on stubborn files.

Thanks!
Dennis