Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] running bpbackupdb from a cron job on Solaris

2002-09-04 11:14:41
Subject: [Veritas-bu] running bpbackupdb from a cron job on Solaris
From: david AT datastaff DOT com (David A. Chapa)
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 10:14:41 -0500
John:
the only problem with running the catalog backup from cron is in the event
that a backup or duplication (or some process writing to the DBs) is still
active.  In that case your catalog backup will be "questionable".

I suggest that you terminate the request daemon

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bprdreq -terminate

And then make sure all of the ACTIVE jobs have completed successfully.

bpdbjobs -report | grep ACTIVE

When everything seems quite and bprd has in fact been terminated, then it
should be okay to kick off your catalog backup.

When that finishes just restart bprd

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/initbprd

David

David A. Chapa