Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bpexpdate bug ?

2002-09-02 11:06:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bpexpdate bug ?
From: SDaubigne AT bordeaux-bersol.sema.slb DOT com (DAUBIGNE Sebastien - BOR ( SDaubigne AT bordeaux-bersol.sema.slb DOT com ))
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 16:06:16 +0100
Hi,

[ Netbackup 3.1]

I changed the retention period of level 7 from  13 months to 11 months.
Then I used the following command to update every images in the ARCH class :

bpexpdate -recalculate -ret 7 -class ARCH

The images expiration dates were correctly updated, but  there are two
problems :

1.      Many images which have expired due to the recalculation (from
09/04/02 to 07/04/02) are still in the database.

2.      The expiration date of the tapes were not updated, so that they
don't reflect the expiration date of the images which are on it (for
instance a tape which have only images now expiring 07/2002 has kept the
former expiration date of 09/2002).

I now I can manually delete theses images and update the tapes using
bpexpdate, but I still don't understand why it was not done automatically.

Maybe the expired images are deleted from the database at specific time
(e.g. everyday at midnight ?), but what will hapen to the tape which expires
09/2002 if all the images expired 07/2002 are deleted from the database ?
Will Netbackup keep the empty tape assigned ?

Is it a Bug ?

---
Sebastien DAUBIGNE
sdaubigne AT bordeaux-bersol.sema.slb DOT com <mailto:sebastien.daubigne AT
sema DOT fr>
- (+33)5.57.26.56.36
SchlumbergerSema - SGS/DWH/Pessac