Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Isolating drives within a L3500 - NDMP vs NT

2002-09-02 03:12:22
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Isolating drives within a L3500 - NDMP vs NT
From: Stanislav.Markovic AT base DOT be (Stanislav.Markovic AT base DOT be)
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 09:12:22 +0200
We had a similar problem here. We solved it by using separate
class volume pools and abandoning the scratch pool altogether.
The downside of this is that you have to sort of plan the size of your
volume pools in advance. That turned out not to be such a big
problem for us.

I found it mildly annoying that in NBU 3.4 you can only say "backup to
THIS storage unit" or "backup to ANY storage unit", but you cannot
say "backup to THESE storage units, but not to THOSE". Surely this
feature would not be to hard? Does it exist in 4.5 perhaps?

Regards,

Stanislav Markovic
Technology - Storage Administrator

BASE, Rue Colonel Bourg 122-1
1140 Bruxelles
email: stanislav.markovic AT base DOT be
phone: +32/485/54 15 61

"Reese, Paul E. (CAP, CMC)" <Paul_Reese AT mortgage.ge DOT com>
@mailman.eng.auburn.edu> on 30/08/2002 20:31:08

Sent by:  <veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>