Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Detecting marginal media

2002-09-01 22:57:22
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Detecting marginal media
From: larry.kingery AT veritas DOT com (Larry Kingery)
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2002 22:57:22 -0400 (EDT)
In 4.5 there are scripts which are called at drive mount/unmount which
can be used to collect data from the drive - such as "soft" or
unreported errors.

While you can get the throughput from NBU with a little work, I think
what would be more valuable to you is to get the drive status reports
outside NBU (though the un/mount scripts is a good way to coordinate
with NBU).

--
Larry Kingery
         Unless you're the lead dog, the view never changes.