Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NDMP backup delays

2002-09-01 07:09:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NDMP backup delays
From: Moshe.Linzer AT nsc DOT com (Moshe Linzer)
Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2002 14:09:39 +0300
Lately we have started seeing delays between volumes when backing up our
Netapp filer.  I have a single AIT-2 tape attached to my F760, and I run
a full backup of the filer, which contains 3 volumes.  The performance
on the first volume is as expected, but then there is a delay of
sometimes up to 12 hours before the second volume begins to be backed
up!  The same thing happens before the third volume.  volume sizes are
between 375-480GB.  I think this began after we applied some patches
lately, but the patch descriptions don't seem to have any bearing on
this problem.  Had anyone seen this type of behaviour?

Thanks,

Moshe