Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup 4.5 Questions

2002-08-29 16:49:20
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 4.5 Questions
From: Karl.Rossing AT Federated DOT CA (Karl.Rossing AT Federated DOT CA)
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 15:49:20 -0500
Hi,

This is probably the 1st questions of many that i will have about version
4.5

We have been running netbackup for 1.5 years now on Solaris. We have
remained @ version 3.4.

1) I'm jumping ahead now so this is totally hypothetical. Lets say veritas
releases version 5.1, then 6.4 sometime in the future.  Let's say that I
upgrade to version 5.1 then to 6.4. Does veritas make an attempt to
provide backwards compatibility so that i can restore version 3.4 tapes?
or am i going to need to install veritas to /opt/openv_4.5 then
/opt/openv_5.1 then /opt/openv_6.4

2) We use the Java GUI perform some tasks our servers from windows
clients. The java client often bugs me. Can i use the 4.5 gui with a 4.5
backend?

Thanks,

Karl