Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] BackupExec query

2002-08-29 13:19:12
Subject: [Veritas-bu] BackupExec query
From: rmickle AT rms.moore DOT com (rmickle AT rms.moore DOT com)
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 12:19:12 -0500
I have used Backup Exec 8.0.5 (I think) to back up a mixed environment of
Novel 4, SCO OpenServer 5.0.4 and AIX 4.2.  While the UNIX agent works,
there is one big drawback.  It can only do full backups.

We ended up moving from Backup Exec to NetBackup when our backups got to
the point where the DLT tape drives where running all day and the hardware
started failing.  Backup Exec works well for smaller environments (In our
case 10 assorted servers with 100 GB of data), but it is not as scalable as
NetBackup.

Richard Mickle
UNIX Systems and Storage Administrator
Moore Response Marketing Services
E-Mail:     rmickle AT rms.moore DOT com
Phone:    920-339-1695
Fax:         920-339-1231