Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] tape drive performance on image copies

2002-08-28 12:50:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] tape drive performance on image copies
From: epforgette AT overnite DOT com (Eric Forgette)
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 12:50:45 -0400
"Ballowe, Charles"> are you using a read host that is the same as your
write host

Yes.  perlvault allows you to set altreadhost! (and yes, the 'read host'
is the 'write host' in this case)

"Donaldson, Mark"> Check your buffer settings

"It is common to increase SIZE_DATA_BUFFERS to 256KB and
NUMBER_DATA_BUFFERS to 16.
Because the data buffer size equals the tape I/O size, the value
specified in SIZE_DATA_BUFFERS must not exceed the maximum tape I/O size
supported by the tape drive or operating system."
-http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/183702.htm

Is this block size?  I'm digging around for the largest settings
supported by LTO.  Anyone have this?

"Donaldson, Mark">Also, consider the source images.  If they're
multiplexed...

The images I'm duplicating aren't multiplexed.

-Eric
--
Eric Forgette
Unix Systems Administrator