Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] BackupExec query

2002-08-28 11:49:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] BackupExec query
From: CBallowe AT usg DOT com (Ballowe, Charles)
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 10:49:45 -0500
BackupExec is what the windows guys here use and have been using for
years. I believe we're transitioning to NBU for a new server environment
that is being built. Our first use of NBU was for a Unix based Oracle
Applications setup.

>From what I can tell of BackupExec, it's more GUI driven, and has less
(read: no) power from the command line. Everything is handled from the
server - I don't think client directed restores are possible. It works
fine for them, but I'm not sure I'd want it in a large multi-platform
environment. (We do have a couple of directories on a Linux and a Solaris
machine backed up by it, I have yet to see an attempted restore of that
data though.)

-charlie