Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] (no subject)

2002-08-28 10:45:58
Subject: [Veritas-bu] (no subject)
From: jlkennedy AT amcc DOT com (Jeff Kennedy)
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 07:45:58 -0700
Who told you you didn't need the NDMP option?  How much data is on the
filer?

There's almost no configuration needed on the filer's nic, most of it is
all done on the switch.  One thing to be very sure of is that the switch
port is hard coded to Full Duplex.  The filers can't autonegotiate for
squat.  This will cause you to see double digit KB throughput instead of
the usual double digit MB.

I would re-consider the NDMP option if the filer will hold any
significant data.  Otherwise your missing out on faster backups/restores
as well as the snapshot capability.  Without it it's like backing up a
windows filesystem only without OTM.

~JK