Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SNMP Extension

2002-08-28 10:35:00
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SNMP Extension
From: Jadranko.Boljanovic AT epk.ericsson DOT se (Jadranko Boljanovic (EAB))
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 16:35:00 +0200
Hi,
my name is Jadranko and I am working with backup and restore within my company.
I am about to use Veritas backup and restore product (NetBackup, DataCenter)
but there is one question that I cannot find answer by reading Veritas
web-documentation, SNMP Extension.
The problem is that when I am reading about it there is some contradictories
(or I cannot get it right).
It says that is possible to run monitoring, controlling, issuing messages to
the system administrator etc. together with some leading SNMP frameworks as
well as without them and than it specifies SNMP frameworks in system
requirements.
My question is:
Is it possible to install SNMP Extension and run 'fault management' (run 'fault
management' = monitor networks nodes, collecting and issuing alarms, performs
automatically actions regarding faults/errors) without SNMP framework such as
HP Openview, IBM/Tivoli etc.?
Could anyone help me out with this.
Thanks in advance
BR/Jadranko

Jadranko Boljanovic
electrical engineer
System Design
Service Network development

Ericsson AB
Phone: +46 455 39 53 09
Mobile: +46 708 696 145
E-mail: jadranko.boljanovic AT epk.ericsson DOT se