Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SOLUTION - initialize_element_status failed (202 error?)

2002-08-27 12:57:15
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SOLUTION - initialize_element_status failed (202 error?)
From: dp AT recycled DOT net (DP)
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 11:57:15 -0500
Thanks to all that answered my questions about error 202 and robot
initialization errors. It appears that error 202 is something of a catch-all
way for NBU to say "something's wrong but I'm not -quite- sure what it is."
In this case, the problem appears to stem from a SCSI chain that was too
long. Putting the library in question on the SCSI chain by itself eliminated
the error. I've since added another SCSI card to the system to resolve the
problem.

Thanks again!

Dan