Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netware 6, Netbackup 4.5 and Tape Robots

2002-08-26 21:24:54
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netware 6, Netbackup 4.5 and Tape Robots
From: Arran.Coote AT det.qld.gov DOT au (Coote, Arran)
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 11:24:54 +1000
Hi all,

My organisation is currently in the process of implementing Netbackup as a
replacement to Legato Networker. We have about 1 TB of data on a HDS SAN
connected NetWare 6 cluster that has become an issue.

We purchased the product with the understanding from Veritas that it could
backup Netware as a media server to a fibre channel connected tape library.
Veritas in Brisbane Australia have some months into testing, advised that
Netware will not backup to a fibre channel connected library from Netware as
a media server. They have recommended that we implement a separate Gig Eth
network to backup NetWare as a client.

We plan to test this anyway. As we use Pathlight SCSI to fibre channel
bridge, the tape drives appear as SCSI connected devices to Netware. Can
anybody advise if they have successfully used a similar configuration?

Arran Coote

This E-Mail is intended only for the addressee. Its use is limited to that
intended by the author at the time and it is not to be distributed without the
author's consent. Unless otherwise stated, the State of Queensland accepts no
liability for the contents of this E-Mail except where subsequently confirmed in
writing. The opinions expressed in this E-Mail are those of the author and do
not necessarily represent the views of the State of Queensland. This E-Mail is
confidential and may be subject to a claim of legal privilege.

If you have received this E-Mail in error, please notify the author and delete
this message immediately.