Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Status Code 12 - FIle Open Failed

2002-08-23 08:54:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Status Code 12 - FIle Open Failed
From: dfdwyer AT tecoenergy DOT com (Dennis Dwyer)
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 08:54:11 -0400
I'm beginning to see this error on a server that used to backup OK. I looked
through the problem log and it wasn't much help but here's the error messages I
saw

ERR - Active Directory: HrBackupOpen() failed (WIN32 - 939522288: Unknown Error)
FTL - Backup Operation Aborted!

The second message is pretty clear but I thought the "Unknown Error" part was
lacking a little something. I'm checking to see if anything has changed on that
server recently but in the mean time, has anybody ever seen anomalous
situations with NBU when dealing with W2K and Active Directory?

Environment:

Sun E450
Solaris 2.8
NBU 3.4 (patch level 3_2)

Regards,
Dennis

Quote: "Time is not a test of the truth"
Translation: Just because you've always done it that way, doesn't make it right

Dennis F. Dwyer
Enterprise Storage Manager
Tampa Electric Company

(813) 225-5181  - Voice