Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] vault retention different than original backup

2002-08-21 12:03:14
Subject: [Veritas-bu] vault retention different than original backup
From: david.letnes AT unisys DOT com (Letnes, David G.)
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 11:03:14 -0500
So if I want ALL my dup tapes to have a retention of 1 month, for each
regular backup retention level I would have to set a retention_length?  For
example...

If I have regular backups with retention level of 6 months
        retention_length 6 -156

If I have regular backups with retention level of 3 months
        retention_length 5 -63

If I have regular backups with retention level of 1 months
        retention_length 3 0

changeexpdate 1
retention_length 6 -156
retention_length 5 -63
retention_length 3 0

I didn't have any documentation pertaining to all the parameters of the dup
param file.  Does anyone have some .pdf files or any documentation for Vault
V1.4 or similar that talks about all the parameters possible?

Thanks in advance
David