Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] External event caused rewind during write (UPDATE)

2002-08-19 04:11:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] External event caused rewind during write (UPDATE)
From: mander47 AT sca.csc DOT com (mander47 AT sca.csc DOT com)
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 10:11:37 +0200
Hi All

I have tried to install Veritas Device Driver for NT, but it dosn't support
our STK9840A FC drives.

I'm not interested in disabling the position_check.

I have not been able to find anything in the bpbrm logs.

As it only occur one of our NT media servers, I'm starting to wonder if it
could be caused by the HBA-settings.

I found the following in the eventlog under ql2200 (We are using Qlogic
2200 HBA's):

The device, \Device\ScsiPort2, did not respond within the timeout period.

Could you tell how I check the NT machine is running with SCSI
reserve/release (I'm a UNIX guy).

Regards
Michael