Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Images Folder in the Veritas\Netbackup Directory

2002-08-15 09:29:30
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Images Folder in the Veritas\Netbackup Directory
From: Ryan.Anderson AT udlp DOT com (Ryan Anderson)
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 08:29:30 -0500
The 'images' directory is the location of the ASCII database which holds
information on what has been backed up, so you _might_not want to delete
that. Deleting anything in there would make performing restores very
difficult. You can toy with the compress settings to compress what you
already have or keep its size down by shortening your retention period
or stop backing up so much data ;-)

RCA

--
Ryan C. Anderson
Unix Administrator

>>> "WEAVER, Simon" <Simon.WEAVER AT astrium-space DOT com> 08/15/02 12:39AM

Hello
Just realised my Netbackup folder is 11GB in file size. I have tracked
down
a directory called Images that is the culprit, but I am not sure if I
am
able to delete these images, or move them to another Drive or whether
they
should stay?

Could anyone shine any light please?
Thanks

Simon Weaver
NT Domain Administrator
Ext. 5544
Tel: 02392-705544 (Direct Dial)
Simon.Weaver AT Astrium-Space DOT com

If you have received it in error then you must not use, retain,
disseminate
or otherwise deal with it.  Please notify the sender by return email.
The views of the author may not necessarily constitute the views of
Astrium Limited.
Nothing in this email shall bind Astrium Limited in any contract or
obligation.

Registered Office: Gunnels Wood Road, Stevenage, Hertfordshire, SG1
2AS, England