Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] duplication

2002-08-13 10:33:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] duplication
From: jlkennedy AT amcc DOT com (Jeff Kennedy)
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 07:33:02 -0700
In the admin guide it states:

If Vault is installed and there are enough drives available, the copies
will
be created simultaneously. Otherwise, the system may require operator
intervention if, for instance, four copies are to be created and there
are only two
drives.

So the question is, what kind of operator intervention?  I am backing up
non-ndmp data to a disk stu on the master server and attempting to
duplicate the images to tape.  I specified 3 copies with copy being the
primary.  There are 2 drives available (normally 3 but one thinks it's
Christmas) and 2 media loaded in these drives.  The duplication was
started yesterday afternoon and is now just sitting waiting for a 3rd
media but the other 2 media have not been unloaded.  Am I supposed to do
it manually?

Thanks.
--
Jeff Kennedy