Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SAN Media SSO only uses 1 drive when 4 are available

2002-08-12 12:16:20
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SAN Media SSO only uses 1 drive when 4 are available
From: epforgette AT overnite DOT com (Eric P. Forgette)
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 12:16:20 -0400
I have a SAN Media (SSO) server which will only use one drive, even
though it has four configured.  I have a test policy which uses two
streams.  If I submit a manual backup with the "Policy storage unit"
pointed at the master server, it mounts two tapes and actively uses
both.  If I submit a manual backup with the "Policy storage unit"
pointed at the SAN Media server (which is the client) it will mount one
tape and queue the other job.

The sgscan lists all four drives, and the Wizard on the Master adds all
four drives.

I'm using NetBackup 4.5 with Shared Storage Option.
Max jobs per client is 8.
Max jobs per class is 4.
Max jobs per client is 4.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!
-Eric
--
Eric P. Forgette
Unix Systems Administrator