Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup Master on a Unix cluster - How to use the virtual backu p network address ?

2002-08-09 02:15:12
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup Master on a Unix cluster - How to use the virtual backu p network address ?
From: hampus.lind AT rps.police DOT se (Hampus Lind)
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 08:15:12 +0200
Hi,

In your /etc/cmcluster/<package>/<package>.cntl under "START OF CUSTOMER
DEFINED FUNCTIONS", you have to insert a function that calls for an script that
runs someting like this:

HOST="hostname"
CURRENT=`grep -i '^YOUR HOSTNAMES*' ${YOUR CONFIG FILE, EX BP.CONF} | awk '{
print $1 }'`
if [ x$CURRENT = x ]; then
        print "\n\t** Can't find server name in bp-file: ${YOUR BP.CONF}"
else
        print "\t\tLets supply correct hostname in `basename ${YOUR BP.CONF}`"
        ed ${YOUR BP.CONF} > /dev/null <<-EOF
                1,$ s/^$CURRENT/$HOST/
        EOF
fi

This function does not call for virtual hostname, but you can modify it to do
so, if it`s not working....

MVH / Hampus Lind
Driftställe Nord, Kiruna
Tele: 0980-681 28