Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Status 13!

2002-08-08 11:09:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Status 13!
From: jeffreyjtds AT hotmail DOT com (Jeffrey Johnson)
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 08:09:13 -0700
Hello all,
This forum is great, I have learned so much so far. I'm trying to solve a
very annoying issue with my NBU setup and Veritas is of little help.

We have a Sun 8 master and media running Solaris Gig-E and its configured
more or less as a TAN.

Our clients are a mixture of Compaq Windows 2000 servers SP2 and Sun
clients.

We are seeing on our Compaq servers, status 13 and status 41's but only on
ML530 class servers running compaq gig-E 6134 teamed nics.  Veritas told us
its the duplex/speed - both are hardcoded on NIC and Switch, then they said
remove the team, which we did, and then we removed the teaming software
itself. Issue is still with us - has anyone else experienced this?
I have seen on this list, another gentleman increased the NIC buffers, but
now Veritas is convinced we have OTM problems.

Any advice?

Thanks,

Jeff Johnson
Lead Storage Analyst