Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NB 3.2 Administration Console

2002-08-08 10:23:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NB 3.2 Administration Console
From: Bruce.McAlister AT irl.xerox DOT com (McAlister, Bruce)
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 15:23:16 +0100
Hi Guys n Gals,

We have the following setup:

Solaris 2.6 (KJP 30) Netbackup 3.2 GA (Patch J0820495) Master Server
(bcsun02)
Solaris 2.6 (KJP 30) Netbackup 3.2 GA (Patch J0820495) Media Server (robot1)
Solaris 2.6 (KJP 20) Netbackup 3.2 GA (Patch J0820495) Media Server (robot2)

I have installed the Netbackup 3.2 GA Administration Console on my
workstation but am unable to connect to any of the servers for facilities
like device management, media management etc etc. I am however able to bring
up a list in the activity monitor.

I have added entries to the bp.conf and vm.conf files on the master and
media servers to recognise my workstation as a "server".

When I try to use the media and device management application I get the
following error:
        "Error connecting to oprd bcsun02: cannot connect to vmd(70)"

I get the above error no matter which host I try to connect to (bcsun02,
robot1, robot2)...

Any helps will be greatly appreciated. I will summarise once resolved.

Thank you
Bruce McAlister
UNIX System Administrator
* bruce.mcalister AT irl.xerox DOT com