Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] LTO speed

2002-08-06 21:29:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] LTO speed
From: Sam Horrocks <sam AT daemoninc DOT com> (Sam Horrocks)
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 18:29:26 -0700
I don't have LTO, but I've recently tuned up my DLT's by increasing the
buffer settings - some systems with very compressable data can get to
10-11 MB/sec where they used to be about half that speed.

My settings are:

::::::::::::::
/usr/openv/netbackup/NET_BUFFER_SZ
262144
/usr/openv/netbackup/db/config/NUMBER_DATA_BUFFERS
64
/usr/openv/netbackup/db/config/SIZE_DATA_BUFFERS
524288