Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Multiple Retention Periods

2002-08-04 23:16:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Multiple Retention Periods
From: Roy.Lister AT santos DOT com (Roy.Lister AT santos DOT com)
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 12:46:32 +0930
Could try setting up a seperate pool for the class and set it up so that it
uses spare tapes from the scratch pool. Then you can set up your policy
(class) to use volumes from that pool. Sort of messy but works.

Thank you

-----------------
Roy Lister (CSC Australia)
UNIX Support
Santos Ltd
0421 141704

                    Rob Worman <rob AT worman DOT org>

                    Sent by:                      To:    "Ballowe, Charles"
<CBallowe AT usg DOT com>,
                    veritas-bu-admin AT mailman DOT eng.        "'veritas-bu AT
mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu'" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
                    auburn.edu                    cc:

                                                  bcc:

               Re: [Veritas-bu] Multiple Retention
                    03/08/2002 14:59                     Periods

nope, it's global.

At 4:47 PM -0500 8/2/02, Ballowe, Charles wrote:
>Is it possible to specify allowing multiple retention periods for
>media in only one class? I want to allow everything to be duplicated
>to the same tapes for sending offsite, but don't want mixed retentions
>for my onsite media....
>

>Charles Ballowe                    /"\
>Unix System Administrator          \ /     ASCII Ribbon Campaign
>cballowe AT usg DOT com                    X      Against HTML Mail
>x3896                              / \

Santos Ltd A.B.N. 80 007 550 923
Disclaimer: The information contained
in this email is intended only for the use of the
person(s) to whom it is
addressed and may be confidential or contain
privileged information. If
you are not the intended recipient you are hereby
notified that any
perusal, use, distribution, copying or disclosure is strictly
prohibited.
If you have received this email in error please immediately
advise us by
return email and delete the email without making a copy.