Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RE: Command Line Help : follow up ?

2002-07-27 16:40:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RE: Command Line Help : follow up ?
From: larry.kingery AT veritas DOT com (Larry Kingery)
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 16:40:01 -0400 (EDT)
These values are (mostly) documented in the 4.5 bpmedialist man page,
which says:

        If -U is an option, the status field  appears  as  English
       text. Otherwise, the status appears as a hexadecimal inte­
       ger. This is a three-digit value.  The  interpretation  of
       the  two  upper-order  digits is given here. Any or all of
       these flags can be set. Settings other than  those  listed
       here correspond to unreported states.

       >= 0x200 Multiplexing is TRUE.

       >= 0x080 Imported is TRUE.

       >= 0x040 Multiple retention levels is TRUE.

       The  interpretation  for  the  low-order  status  digit is
       determined by comparing the digit to the following  values
       in order.

       >= 0x008 The status is Full.

       >= 0x004 This is an unreported state.

       >= 0x002 The status is Suspended.

       == 0x001 The status is Frozen.

       == 0x000 The status is Active.

       The  reported status is the status for the low-order digit
       combined with the status for the upper-order  digits.  For
       instance,  for  a  status  value of 0x040, the media ID is
       active, and multiple retention levels are in effect.

--
Larry Kingery
          What has four legs and an arm?  A happy pit bull.