Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Changing Master Server Name

2002-07-25 21:18:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Changing Master Server Name
From: David_Cornely AT intuit DOT com (Cornely, David)
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 18:18:45 -0700
This is something you really don't want to do if at all avoidable.
I called Veritas with this same question and was told the hostname is
embedded into NBU in such a way that makes this operation very tricky to
pull off.

If all you care about saving are your classes and not anything else (like
the volDB or your images) then just tar up and save off the
/usr/openv/netbackup/db/class directory.  You'll be able to just stick it
back in the same place once you've reinstalled NBU with the classes intact.