Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SCSI device drives !

2002-07-17 17:45:29
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SCSI device drives !
From: karunanidhis AT hotmail DOT com (Karunanidhi Subramanian)
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 14:45:29 -0700
Hi Folks !
We are using IBM Ultrium 3584 LTO Library connected to a SUN 420 R system.
Netbackup uses the native "st" (scsi tape) drivers(over which the pass thru
driver sg runs). We had some problems in those tape drives and IBM suggests
that we need to install IBM tape drivers (IBMtape) so that they can get the
dump of the drives when problem occurs. Since Netbackup recommends to use
the native "st" drives, IBM told us to just install the software and not to
use the device files.

I really don't know if it is possible.

Can two drivers from different vendor can exist at the same time.? The
target IDs of the drives are from 0 to 5. (6 drives)

Or is there any other way to get the dump using "st" drivers ?

Thanks for your help,
- Karun