Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Max Mounts

2002-07-17 15:36:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Max Mounts
From: ron AT linux DOT ca (Ron Lyman)
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 15:36:02 -0400 (EDT)
Quantum states 1,000,000 passes for SDLT and DLT IV, and 500,000 for DLT
III

http://www.quantum.com/Products/DLTtape+Drives+and+Media/Tape+Media/Default.htm

click on Super "DLTtape Media Data Sheet" and "Super DLTtape Media Data
Sheet" on the right, under Tape Media Marketing and News.

This is of course, not uses, or mounts, but I will not be throwing away
SDLT tapes here after only 100 mounts.  OTOH, our daily tapes, which each
are used once per week, will see only 150 mounts.  This is assuming a
three year technology refresh cycle.  The weekly tapes, used once per
quarter, should last much longer than we require.

I have heard no recommendations from anywhere else.  Feel free to let me
know if I'm way off base.

Ron.