Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Switching from NBU on Solaris to Linux

2002-07-12 13:44:57
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Switching from NBU on Solaris to Linux
From: shanson AT cruiskeen DOT com (Steve Hanson)
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 12:44:57 -0500 (CDT)
I don't understand why you need Foundation Suite - If you dont want veritas,
why not just use DiskSuite - it comes with the OS and although it's not
perfect it's still nicer than the options in Linux (in my opinion).   All
you need to do is to be ableto build big devices - UFS will handle the file
system just fine.  ANd I
don't really see why you'd NEED it to all be in a single file system?